Am a creative artist, passionate about art for change. I like to entertain and educate communities through playwriting, poetry, short stories and music. I thrive in creative networks and value teamwork.
Linda Nabasa, is a poet, short story writer, playwright Actor and theatre producer.
In 2015 She co-founded Afroman Spice a theatre company that encourages women to use theatre to engage communities in issues that affect them and their children: politically, socially and economically. Afroman Spice chooses to break traditional norms so as to empower and elevate the African woman spirit and position in society, self-representation, self-love, and empathy.
In 2017 she started Blac Anthem, a theatre collaborative initiative for regional and international artists to perform and collaborate.
- Performer, Silent Voice, Theatre in the Park Harare Zimbabwe, October 2017.
- Participant, Cradle for Creativity, ASSITEJ Festival, and Cape Town South Africa 17th -27th May.
- Performer, World Bank Group Open Day 30th May 2017.
- Producer for BLAC ANTHEM performance at the TVET event, Belgium Embassy, 27th April 2017.
- Producer of BLAC ANTHEM night of Theatre Solo Performances, 1st April 2017.
- Participant in Book Dash Children’s writing Workshop, Johannesburg, South Africa, and Feb 2017.
- Performer in Silent Voices Productions Holy Maria and Blood, Jan 2017.
- Performer, Radio Drama at Radio City Dec 2016.
- Performer at European Union in Uganda strategist event, Nov 2016.
- Afroman Spice Show, Oct 27-29t Goethe Zentrum.
- Performer Nwita Nzina Gala, Rwanda development board, Kigali August 2016.
- Umbuntu Festival, Rwanda July 2017.
- Laba Arts Festival, 16th June 2016.
- Performer at Kigali UP in Rwanda July, 2016.
- ‘What’s your Secret Play, National Theatre’ 8th July 2016
- Performer at Masa International festival, Ivory Coast, March 2016.Afroman Spice show, National theatre July 2016
- Performer at Masa International festival, Ivory Coast, March 2016.
- Participant in the Bayimba International festival creative writing workshops 2012-2015.
- Performer at Zinduka Festival, Nov 2014-2015.
- Performer at Maun International festival, Botswana Oct 2015.
MISS TINY CHEF
Is a children book about a young girl who loves to cook. Its creation was made possible by Book Dash South Africa, World Reader and Goethe Institute in SA.
LUUKA AND TTESA
Is a children’s book series, funded by the European Union in Kampala. The book tells of two characters Luuka and Ttesa who when they travel to different parts of Uganda to explore the beauty of the country, they come across children whose rights are being violated. They fight for the children’s freedom and rights.